The creative industry’s guide to materials and technologies, written in a style that conveys a wealth of information in a language that’s easy to understand.
Materiology’s comprehensive exploration of materials is divided into four sections:
- Categories of materials: various types of wood, plastic, glass, metal, lighting, etc.
- Catalogue of materials: catalogue cards that identify various materials, from the most basic substance to the latest cutting edge innovation.
- Processes: major methods of processing materials (e.g. injection moulding, extrusion) explained with instructive diagrams.
- Thinking out of the box: issue of relevance to any study of materials and technologies, such as ecology and virtual issues.
The updated, soft cover edition holds 17 new material catalogue cards among which are superconductive metamaterials, semi-conductor materials, rare earth metals, lithium and photovoltaic materials. New information about sustainability is added to the book in the form of the process ‘recycling’, and an in-depth article on how to deal with sustainability in projects, touching upon the subject of biomimicry and environmental, economical, strategic and healthrelated stakes.
- A soft cover, to make it fit the budget of both students and professionals
- Updated existing content and 36 additional pages with new material
- Beautiful illustrations especially made for this book
- Easy navigation with cross-references throughout the book
There are no reviews yet.